OEC is giving a one-time $1,480 bonus to the first 250 early care and education programs to reach Member+ status.
If your program is currently licensed and has Elevate Member status, you’re eligible. Don’t miss out — get rewarded for your commitment to Connecticut’s children.
What you have to do
1. Make sure your program is eligible
Your program is eligible if it’s licensed and has Elevate Member status.
Your program is not eligible if it’s:
- License-exempt or a Head Start program
- Already NAEYC or NAFCC accredited
Why can’t programs that are already accredited get the bonus?
If your program is already accredited, that’s an amazing accomplishment. But this bonus is intended for programs that are not accredited yet. It encourages these programs to make steps toward accreditation.
2. Create an Elevate Program Plan
3. Submit your Elevate Program Plan to OEC for review
OEC will review your plan and either:
- Send it back to you with recommended edits for revisions so you can resubmit
- Approve your plan and give you Elevate Member+ status
If you’re one of the first 250 programs to have your plan approved, your program gets $1,480. OEC will send the payment directly.
What programs can get the bonus?
Your program is eligible if it’s a:
- Licensed child care center
- Licensed group child care home
- Licensed family child care home
Your program is not eligible if it:
- Is a license-exempt program
- Is an accredited or Head Start program
- Doesn’t have a license
- Has a pending application for a license — you must have an active license to be eligible
- Has had its child care license revoked
- Is closed
How can programs use the bonus?
Use the money for anything that improves your program — like teacher training, family engagement activities, or enhancing your program’s environment.