If you received a notice from Care 4 Kids requesting that you schedule a fingerprint appointment, click here to enroll in the Connecticut Criminal History Request System (CCHRS).
How Do I Complete Fingerprinting?
- Enroll in CCHRS.
- After completing the CCHRS enrollment, you will receive an e-mail with a barcode and an Applicant Tracking Number. *You must keep this e-mail*
- Contact 211 Child Care at (800) 505-1000 to schedule a fingerprint appointment at a community location near you.
- When you go to your fingerprint appointment, you MUST bring:
- Valid photo identification; and
- The CCHRS pre-enrollment e-mail that contains the barcode and Applicant Tracking Number.
Why do I need a Background Check?
Connecticut General Statutes § 17b-749k requires that any unlicensed relative child care provider that receives Care 4 Kids payments complete a background check. The OEC requires that unlicensed relative child care providers complete a background checks every 5 years.