About Family Child Care Homes
Family child care homes are private homes that meet the following criteria:
- Provide care for up to six children, including the provider’s children, who are not in school full-time
- During the school year, providers may take up to three additional children who are in school full-time
- If the provider has more than three children in school full-time, all of them are permitted
- Care is provided for no less than three and no more than twelve hours within a 24-hour period on a regular basis
- More than twelve hours of care is allowed on an intermittent basis, but may not exceed 72 consecutive hours.
We’re here to help! If you have questions or want to file a complaint, call us at 860-500-4450 or 800-282-6063.
You can also look up the licensing supervisor for your town to contact them directly.