Education Consultant Application

What’s an education consultant?

Child care centers and group child care homes are required to have an Agency approved education consultant.

An early childhood education consultant refers to a person who:

  • Is credentialed early childhood specialist with an Associate, Bachelors, Masters or Doctoral degree in early childhood education, child development, or human development
  • Or has a four year degree in a related field with at least 12 credits in child development or early childhood education from an accredited college or university
  • And who has two or more years experience administering a licensed child care center that meets standards comparable to those in Connecticut

Apply to become an education consultant

Log in to your OEC Registry account and then click My Role Applications > About Technical Assistance Providers and follow the steps for Education Consultant.

What’s next?

For questions related to the application process contact the OEC Registry:

  • Call 800-832-7784
  • Email

For questions related to the services required by an Early Childhood Educational Consultant please refer to the Child Care Center/Group Child Care Home regulations, or contact the OEC Help Desk:

  • Call 800-500-4450
Last updated September 25, 2023