Learn About the Background Check Information System (BCIS)
The OEC Background Check Information System (BCIS) is your tool for knowing the background check status for each person and keeping your staff roster up to date for Licensing Specialists’ visits.
- If you have not registered and created a password yet, please do so here. *Please note, you must register with the email on file with OEC. If you are having trouble registering, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have registered, but have not entered all your staff/volunteer names and required demographic information, please login here.
- If you already registered and entered your staff information a while ago – Thank You! Keep your roster updated by adding any new staff and removing people who are no longer affiliated with your program. Repeat these updates as often as needed to keep BCIS up to date.
BCIS Action Steps
In 2019, we emailed Roster invitations to all licensed child care centers, licensed group child care homes, and license-exempt center-based child care providers that receive the Care 4 Kids subsidy. We launched the Roster as the first phase of BCIS. It includes a complete list of child care staff and volunteers who need to get OEC background checks.
Employers enter information about their staff and volunteers, and keep it up to date. OEC uses that data to inform child care programs about the background check status of each staff member and volunteer.
If you need help, please email email@example.com.
We’re using information from the Roster to develop a more robust data system that records all OEC background check activities. BCIS will allow employers and providers to:
- Update staff information as needed
- Get background check status on staff and volunteers
- Know when to invite staff members to complete their background check forms online and schedule an appointment to submit fingerprints electronically
- Provide staff information to Licensing Specialists more easily during inspections
Planned for 2021 and beyond:
- Make online payments with a credit card
- Receive notifications regarding staff background checks
- Provide documents to support background check applications
- Know the outcome of every completed background check
Check back here for updates!