Learn About the Background Check Information System (BCIS)
OEC is working on improvements that will make the background check process simpler to manage for providers and employers.
In 2019, we emailed Roster invitations to all licensed child care centers, licensed group child care homes, and license-exempt center-based child care providers that receive the Care 4 Kids subsidy. We launched the Roster as the first phase of BCIS. It includes a complete list of child care staff and volunteers who need to get OEC background checks.
Employers enter information about their staff and volunteers, and keep it up to date. OEC uses that data to inform child care programs about the background check status of each staff member and volunteer.
If you have not updated your Roster recently, please do! You can log in, add or remove names, and update demographic information as often as needed to keep your Roster up to date.
If you need help, please email email@example.com.
We’re using information from the Roster to develop a more robust data system that records all OEC background check activities. BCIS will allow employers and providers to:
- Update staff information as needed
- Get background check status on staff and volunteers
- Know when to invite staff members to complete their background check forms online and schedule an appointment to submit fingerprints electronically
- Provide staff information to Licensing Specialists more easily during inspections
Planned for 2021 and beyond:
- Make online payments with a credit card
- Receive notifications regarding staff background checks
- Provide documents to support background check applications
- Know the outcome of every completed background check
Check back here for updates!