This page contains an archive of OEC’s past reports and research. For more recent reports, see our Agency and Program Reports page.
Child Care and Development Fund (CCDF) Quality Progress Reports
|2015||Quality Progress Report 2015|
|2014||Quality Progress Report 2014|
|2013||Quality Progress Report 2013|
|2012||Quality Progress Report 2012|
Children’s Trust Fund annual reports
The Children’s Trust Fund was established in 1983 to prevent child abuse and neglect, and merged into OEC in 2014. These reports outline the Children’s Trust Fund’s major activities and programs, including strategies to prevent child abuse and neglect.
|2015||Children’s Trust Fund Annual Report 2015|
|2014||Children’s Trust Fund Annual Report 2014 (Revised 12/30/14)|
|2013||Children’s Trust Fund Annual Report 2013|
Home Visiting Consortium
The Home Visiting Consortium advises OEC, the Department of Children and Families, the Department of Developmental Services, and the Department of Education on improving the coordination of home visiting services in Connecticut’s early childhood system.
|2018||Report not published|
|2017||Home Visiting Consortium Report to the Legislature 2017|
|2016||Home Visiting Consortium Report to the Legislature 2016|
Nurturing Families Network (NFN) annual reports
NFN was a home visiting program model that OEC used until 2019. NFN reports include data about enrollment, family characteristics, and program participation and retention.
Qualified Staff Member (QSM) reports
OEC tracks the number of Qualified Staff Members (QSMs) per child care program and how programs are progressing toward meeting our goals.
|2018||QSM Report 2018|
|2017||QSM Report 2017|
|2016||QSM Report 2016|
Status of Child Care in CT Reports
The Status of Child Care in Connecticut annual report to the Legislature includes data on child care spending, use, quality, and more. Reports prior to 2016 were produced by the Connecticut Department of Social Services. For reports from 2016 on, see our Agency and Program Reports page.
Many researchers have used OEC data to study child care in Connecticut and evaluate our programs. Learn more about OEC-related research into specific topics.
Child abuse prevention
- ChildPlan’s Child Sexual Abuse Prevention Program Evaluation Report- January, 2008
- Prevention of Child Sexual Abuse National and State Perspectives Forum – May, 2003
- Prevention of Child Sexual Abuse: The Practitioners’ View Study Circles Project Report, 2003
Home visiting programs
- Life Stories of Vulnerable Families in Connecticut: An Assessment of the Nurturing Families Network Home Visitation Program Report, 6/04
- Nurturing Families Network through the Results-Based Analysis Lens (2015)
- Maternal, Infant, and Early Childhood Home Visiting (MIECHV) Needs Assessment 2010
Home visiting programs and the prevention of child abuse
- Child Abuse & Neglect Commentary-Building A Statewide Home Visiting Program from 2 to 42 Sites: A State Agency’s Perspective Report-4/11
- Healthy Families Connecticut: Process Evaluation of a Home Visitation Program to Enhance Positive Parenting and Reduce Child Maltreatment Report, 4/01
- Education and Training of Home Visitors and Supervisors for Child Abuse Prevention (2012)
Home visiting programs as a means to increase father Involvement
- Fatherhood Study Final Report – 2010
- Fatherhood Study 18 Month Interim Report- 2010
- Fatherhood Study 6 Month Interim Report- 2008
Home visiting programs and mental health