Find essential information about our upcoming and past webinars.
Learn how you can participate in an upcoming webinar related to OEC’s Behavioral Health Initiative — or review materials from previous sessions, including video recordings and supplementary materials.
We’ll post information about our next webinar soon.
A Place to Call Home: Addressing Housing Instability — Supporting Young Children and Families in Connecticut (October 31, 2023)
This webinar hosted by OEC focused on the impact housing instability has at both a national and state level. Participants were connected to resources and supports that help families experiencing housing instability.
The session included:
- Opening remarks from Barbara Duffield, Executive Director at SchoolHouse Connection
- Panel discussion
- Special message from Elena Trueworthy, Deputy Commissioner of OEC
Taking a Different Path: Supporting Positive Approaches to Addressing Challenging Behaviors in Early Childhood Programs (September 21, 2023).
OEC’s Behavioral Health Initiative hosted a webinar about reducing the use of suspension and expulsion in early childhood programs in Connecticut. The webinar addressed:
- OEC’s new policy statement on exclusionary discipline
- Disparities in populations most impacted
- Resources to help programs adopt a positive approach to supporting social and emotional development
|View the suspension and expulsion webinar (courtesy of the Connecticut Network CT-N)|
|Read the OEC Statement on Exclusionary Discipline|
|Read the executive summary of the statement|