Availability of COVID-19 test kits and personal protective equipment (PPE)
OEC — together with the Connecticut Department of Public Health (DPH) — is making COVID-19 supplies available to all licensed child care programs and licensed youth camps that are operating vacation camps.
In the coming weeks, we’ll send test kits directly to all licensed child care programs and camps offering vacation camps. The number of tests will depend on the program’s licensed capacity or the number of children a camp serves. Every program will get at least 45 test kits.
Note that the printed expiration date on the test kits is not accurate. The FDA extended the expiration date for iHealth COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Tests by 6 months. Learn more about the extension.
Personal protective equipment (PPE)
All licensed child care programs and youth camps operating vacation camps can order additional face masks, gowns, face shields, hand sanitizer, thermometers, and gloves. Place your order by August 26, 2022. When ordering:
- Remember that requests you make are for cases of PPE, not individual boxes
- Order enough PPE to last through winter 2023
- Coordinate within your organization to make sure you’re not duplicating an order — and consider placing one larger order for your whole organization instead of multiple orders for each facility
- Only ask for what you can reasonably store and use
- Expect your supplies within 2 weeks of our processing your request