Child Care Development Fund Reauthorization
Last updated January 14, 2020
On November 19, 2014, President Obama signed the Child Care and Development Block Grant (CCDBG) Act of 2014 into law. This reauthorizes the child care program for the first time since 1996 and represents an historic re-envisioning of the Child Care and Development Fund (CCDF) program. The new law makes significant advancements by defining health and safety requirements for child care providers, outlining family-friendly eligibility policies, and ensuring parents and the general public have transparent information about the child care choices available to them.
The CCDF Program provides funding for our state’s Care 4 Kids child care subsidy program.
Connecticut’s Draft CCDF Plan 2016-2018 (pdf)
- Connecticut State Advisory Council Meeting, January 8, 2016 (video) – This video provides an overview of the proposed CCDF plan
- 2015 Market Rate Survey and Analysis (pdf)
The Connecticut Office of Early Childhood (OEC) sought feedback and input from families, providers and other stakeholders on Connecticut’s Draft CCDF Plan. The public was able to submit feedback electronically through an online survey tool or at any of a number of public forums.
Online Survey Tool
Thank you for your feedback. The online survey tool was available through January 24, 2016 and is now closed.
In mid-January 2016, the OEC hosted six public forums across the state to get feedback and input on Connecticut’s Draft CCDF Plan.
Proposed CCDF Regulations and Opportunity for Public Comment
The federal Office of Child Care has published a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM) in the Federal Register regarding proposed changes to the federal CCDF regulations. Members of the public are invited to provide comments on the proposed regulations. To view the proposed regulations and for information on how to provide public comment, please go to http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/occ/ccdf-reauthorization.
- Child Care Development Fund Reauthorization webpage (federal Office of Child Care)
- Draft CCDF Preprint, September 14, 2015 (pdf)
- Implementing the Child Care and Development Block Grant Reauthorization: A Guide for States (National Women’s Law Center, pdf)
- Connecticut State Advisory Council Meeting, January 8, 2016 (Connecticut Network)
- The Importance of Continuity of Child Care (YouTube)
- The Benefits of Monitoring Child Care Providers (YouTube)