Give Feedback about Proposed Child Care Center and Group Child Care Home Regulations
The Office of Early Childhood (OEC) has posted revised proposed changes to the Child Care Centers and Group Child Care Homes licensing regulations. You can also find them on the Secretary of State’s eRegulations portal (PR2022-026).
How to make comments on the proposed changes
If you’d like to make comments, you can do so until November 30, 2023.
The revised Notice of Intent provides more information about when, where, and how you can share your comments on the proposed regulation changes.
Written comments are due by the closing of the public comment period on November 30, 2023 and may be sent to Cynthia Watts-Elder.
Join the hearing
OEC is holding a new public hearing on the additional proposed changes to the regulations, which are highlighted in yellow (2nd notice) and green (3rd notice) in the revised proposed changes to the Child Care Centers and Group Child Care Homes regulations. OEC welcomes comments relative to those changes during the public hearing.
The hearing will be held virtually via Microsoft Teams on Monday, October 30, 2023; 1:00 to 2:30 p.m. Register here.
- Any interested party providing oral comments at the hearing will be asked to submit a written copy of such comments
- Speakers will have 3 minutes per person to present their comments
- We ask that remarks are confined solely and specifically to the content of the proposed regulations
- Oral comments and written comments are given the same weight
- Those who are unable to attend are still encouraged to provide written comments
Our mission is to ensure that our stakeholders have an opportunity to be heard and provide their thoughts as to how we can all improve the child care field. We look forward to your input.