Important Information For Families: Care 4 Kids Program
Last updated February 27, 2023
Effective March 1, 2023, to monitor the number of children and families enrolled in the Care 4 Kids program and operate within available funding, Care 4 Kids will begin managing enrollment for new applicants.
This is for new applications only. There will be no change to families currently enrolled in Care 4 Kids or for families at redetermination. New applications received on or after March 1, 2023, will be placed on a waitlist. Families placed on the waitlist will be invited o as soon as possible, as spaces open up.
Who is impacted:
New applicants who are:
- Participating in a GED program
- Participating in workforce development or a training program
- Attending higher education
Who is NOT impacted and will not be placed on a waitlist:
- Families currently enrolled in Care 4 Kids — even at redetermination
- Families that receive Temporary Family Assistance (TFA) or who have received it within the past 5 years
- Teen parents ages 18 and 19 who attend high school or the equivalent
These families should continue to apply, will be processed at the time of application, and eligibility will be determined.
Learn more about the income guidelines for Care 4 Kids.
Contact Care 4 Kids.
- Phone: 888-214-5437
- Website: www.ctcare4kids.com