OEC’s new child care inspection process will be simpler and more accurate
Starting this month, the Office of Early Childhood (OEC) will conduct child care inspections electronically (using an iPad) instead of using pen and paper.
What this means for child care providers
- You don’t need to do anything differently — only our Licensing Specialists will be using the inspection software during in-person inspections
- Your next inspection report will look a little different — and it will be emailed instead of on paper
Benefits of electronic inspections
- Easy access to your report. As soon as you electronically sign your inspection report, we’ll email a PDF copy of the report to the email address we have on file. You can then save the file or print it.
- Greater accuracy. The electronic tool we’re using is designed to ensure accuracy and consistency. Since the report won’t be hand-written, it will be easier to read, too.
- Helpful guidance. The new reports clearly indicate if you’re not in compliance on a specific issue, so you can identify it quickly. If you have any questions about a citation, the Licensing Specialist can pull up a summary of the relevant regulations on their iPad so you can review it.
Again, you don’t need to do anything. The process will only be different for our Licensing Specialists.
If you have any questions about our improved inspections process, we’re happy to help. Contact the OEC Licensing Team at 860-500-4450 or 800-282-6063.