Emergency Planning and Response Resources
We’re here to help! If you have questions or want to file a complaint, don’t hesitate to call us at (860) 500-4450 or (800) 282-6063.
Preparedness, response and recovery planning within the child care community is essential to ensuring the safety of children, their child care providers, and the greater community. Child care programs provide a foundation for young children’s physical, emotional and cognitive well‐being, and are essential to community recovery in the aftermath of an emergency.
The Connecticut Child Care Emergency Plan was developed to guide the actions of the Office of Early Childhood during times of emergency, and to identify the resources and supports available to providers of child care services in the event of an emergency.
Providers will find resources below to support planning and response in settings where children are served, with additional supports on the website for the CT Child Emergency Preparedness Committee (CEPC) a subcommittee of the Division of Emergency Management and Homeland Security (DEMHS) Statewide Emergency Management and Homeland Security Advisory Council.
- Connecticut Child Care Emergency Preparedness Manual
- Family Home Provider Emergency Plan
En español: Family Home Provider Emergency Plan
- Emergency Care Guidelines (flip chart)
En español: Guia para atención en caso de emergencias
- Early Childhood Emergency Response Plan
- Emergency Supplies for 72 Hours
Emergency preparedness resources
- Connecticut Department of Public Health, Office of Public Health Preparedness and Response
- Connecticut Emergency Alerting and Notification Systems
- Connecticut Division of Emergency Management and Homeland Security
- Emergency Preparedness (Early Childhood Training and Technical Assistance System)
- Ready.gov (FEMA)
- IS-36: Multihazard Planning for Childcare (FEMA) [Free, web-based course]
- How to Prepare for Emergencies (American Red Cross)
- Emergency Preparedness and Response (CDC)
Hurricane and natural emergency resources
- Connecticut’s Department of Emergency Management and Homeland Security (DEMHS)
- Hurricanes (DEMHS)
- Hurricanes (Ready.gov)
- National Hurricane Center and Central Pacific Hurricane Center (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration)
- Hurricanes and Other Tropical Storms (CDC)
- Natural Disasters and Severe Weather (CDC)