Families are at the heart of your work as a child care provider.
When you build strong relationships with families, you’re better able to support learning and run a successful business.
Our Service Navigators are experienced guides who can talk about your program’s needs and find ways to meet them. Connect with a Service Navigator.
Reflect on how well your program engages with families. Then use what you’ve learned to develop goals and create a program plan. Download the checklist.
Sparkler is free for early childhood programs in CT. The app will help you support families through the developmental screening process, send tips to families, and more. Become a partner with Sparkler.
Explore key resources
- Connecticut Early Learning and Development Standards (CT ELDS) Family Resources: The Office of Early Childhood (OEC) offers many resources you can share with families that are based on the CT ELDS. They can help you partner with families to support children’s learning and development.
- GEER Online Learning Hub: Access professional learning opportunities and videos about using technology to communicate and connect with families.
- The National Center on Pyramid Model Innovations’ website for Family Engagement: Check out valuable resources designed to help families with transitions and routines at home.
Ready to dive deeper?
Check out some more resources to help you connect with families.
- Full, Equal and Equitable Partnerships with Families: Connecticut’s Definition and Framework for Family Engagement: Includes strategies for increasing the impact of your family engagement practices.
- Family Engagement in Action: This webpage from the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) offers information for providers related to family engagement and resources for families.