Connecticut General Statutes Section 10-16p establishes the School Readiness Grant program and designates the Connecticut Office of Early Childhood as the lead agency for this program. Additional legislation regarding School Readiness program includes:
- Section 10-16q if the C.G.S. outlines further requirements of school readiness programs.
- Section 10-16r outlines the roles and responsibilities of School Readiness Councils.
- Section 10-16t outlines the inclusion of 5 year olds in School Readiness programs.
- Section 17b-749a addresses the inclusion of School Readiness programs in the state facility plan .
Types of School Readiness Spaces
- Provides access to services for 10 hours a day for 48 weeks a year
- Reimbursed at $8,924 per child per year
- Provide access to services for 6 hours a day for 180 days
- Reimbursed at $6,000 per child per year
- Provide access to services for at least 2.5 hours a day for 180 days
- Reimbursed at $4,500 per child per year
- Provides children full-time access to a program for 10 hours a day for 48 weeks a year by extending the hours of services available for children enrolled in a part-time program not funded by School Readiness
- Reimbursed at $2,772 per child per year
OEC Contact Information
Christina Gademsky, Co-Program Manager- Christina.firstname.lastname@example.org
Cheryl Sparks, Co-Program Manager- email@example.com