Connecticut General Statutes Section 10-16p establishes the School Readiness Grant program and designates the Connecticut Office of Early Childhood as the lead agency for this program. Additional legislation regarding School Readiness program includes:
- Section 10-16q if the C.G.S. outlines further requirements of school readiness programs.
- Section 10-16r outlines the roles and responsibilities of School Readiness Councils.
- Section 10-16t outlines the inclusion of 5 year olds in School Readiness programs.
- Section 17b-749a addresses the inclusion of School Readiness programs in the state facility plan .
Types of School Readiness Spaces
- Provides access to services for 10 hours a day for 48 weeks a year
- Reimbursed at $8,924 per child per year
- Provide access to services for 6 hours a day for 180 days
- Reimbursed at $6,000 per child per year
- Provide access to services for at least 2.5 hours a day for 180 days
- Reimbursed at $4,500 per child per year
- Provides children full-time access to a program for 10 hours a day for 48 weeks a year by extending the hours of services available for children enrolled in a part-time program not funded by School Readiness
- Reimbursed at $2,772 per child per year
Looking for general information about the School Readiness Preschool Grant Program? See our School Readiness Preschool Grant Program page in the Programs and Services section.
OEC Contact Information
Christina Gademsky, Co-Program Manager- Christina.email@example.com
Cheryl Sparks, Co-Program Manager- firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated July 5, 2022