CT OEC Parent Cabinet Applications Open. Join Info Session to Learn more!
The Office of Early Childhood (OEC) is accepting applications again for a new cohort of parents to become a part of the OEC Parent Cabinet!
We are looking for any parents who care and raise children in a parenting role including Grandparents, Foster parents etc.
OEC is a state agency that oversees programs and services that help young children and families thrive. We want to make sure parent voice is a part of state decisions and policies that affect all families, and since parents are the experts, we can’t do it without you!
When you join the Parent Cabinet, you’ll be able to:
- Listen to the needs of families from all backgrounds
- Increase awareness around OEC services and supports
- Make your voice and the voices of other families heard on important issues, like improving laws and policies related to the needs of young children and their families
- Partner with local partners and communities
- Increase your own professional development and leadership skills
Parent Cabinet members receive compensation for their time and expertise. There will be some members starting in July 2024 and the remaining in January 2025 to help stagger with existing members. Applications will be open for 6 weeks closing end of day March 18th, 2024.
Make a difference for all families in Connecticut!
The Office of Early Childhood will host a virtual information session for prospective members on Friday, February 23, 2024, from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 pm. To participate in that session, click here. Another session will be held on March 6, 2024, in the evening.
Office of Early Childhood