Updates on COVID-19 Memos
Last updated June 4, 2021
OEC has updated a number of our policy memos related to COVID-19 to reflect current requirements and recommendations. We’ve also removed some memos that were no longer relevant.
To get an overview on what’s changed, see this chart of updates to COVID-19 memos. Keep in mind that we haven’t made any new policy changes with these updates — these are updates to ensure consistency with current policies across all memos.
We would also like to reiterate the current policy on mask wearing to ensure that providers are aware of the information in Memo 41:
- Masks are not required outdoors for staff or children
- Staff, vaccinated or unvaccinated, must continue to wear masks indoors
- Children 3 years of age and older must continue to wear masks indoors
- Exceptions to wearing masks indoors are in Memo 41 and Memo 29
Supporting resources include:
- What You Need to Know: COVID-19 Vaccination, Mask-Wearing, and Social Distancing from DPH, which provides additional information on mask-wearing
- Our 2 webinars on the importance of healthy air that providers may find useful to increasing outdoor play experiences:
OEC strongly recommends that providers continue their efforts to implement public health policies and procedures consistent with CDC recommendations.