OEC is excited to announce the Child Day Care (CDC) Contract Infant and Toddler Expansion funding opportunity, intended to provide low-income Connecticut families increased access to high-quality, affordable NEW full day, full year infant and toddler child care spaces.
Watch a video of our webinar about the expansion
This funding opportunity is open to all licensed child care centers, group child care homes and family child care homes in Connecticut. An approved application will result in a direct contract with OEC, wherein the contractor and any approved subcontractors will be required to meet all OEC contract requirements and General Policies. This contract will run from July 1, 2023 through June 30, 2024.
- For DCCC, DCGH licenses – “NEW” means classrooms for infants and/or toddlers that were open and available to families after and not before June 30, 2022.
- For DHFH licenses – “NEW” means a space that has been unutilized for at least eight (8) months by an infant and/or toddler.
- Infants and toddlers are children six (6) weeks to three (3) years of age. The reimbursement rate for full day/full year infant/toddler spaces is $13,500.00 per child annually.
- Applications are due March 29, 2023 at 12:00PM.
- Only online submissions will be accepted through this link.
- Located in a child care desert
- Located within a socially vulnerable community that scores above 0.4 as defined by the Center for Disease Control
- Currently accredited through the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), the National Association for Family Child Care (NAFCC), or are currently Early Head Start/Head Start approved
PLEASE NOTE: All applications for expansion funding for Family Child Care Homes must be submitted by an intermediary organization. The intermediary organization will serve as the primary contractor with OEC and will subcontract funding to a minimum of 5 individual family child care homes. Examples of such intermediary organizations may include but are not limited to municipalities, unions, boards of education, nonprofits or faith-based organizations, staffed family child care networks, other large child care organizations and networks, etc.
Please email questions or inquiries to OEC.email@example.com.
Links and Documents
- Infant Toddler Expansion Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Infant-Toddler RFA on CT-Source
- OEC CDC IT Expansion Guide FY24
- OEC CDC IT Expansion Award Tiers FY24
- OEC CDC IT Expansion Request For Applications FY24 (reference only)
- CAATI Desertification Index with SVI FY24