Family Child Care Networks are one of OEC’s key quality improvement supports for family child care programs. These community initiatives have paid staff with expertise helping family child care providers and they offer ongoing support services and resources.
OEC is supporting 12 networks across the state, each located in the area they serve and developed to meet the specific needs of their community. Networks work closely with local providers and families.
SFFCN supports for providers
Coaching and consultation
- Ongoing contact with network staff by phone and email
- Access to health consultations provided by nurse consultants
- Access to behavioral health experts from the Early Childhood Consultation Partnership (ECCP) and Connecticut’s Talk It Out line
- Regularly scheduled network meetings
Family child care networks help licensed providers reduce the amount of time and effort they spend managing their business, so they can focus more on learning and communicating with children and families. These shared service agreements offer access to:
- Group purchasing
- Tuition collection assistance
- Tax preparation
Access to Health Consultations
Connecticut Nurses’ Association offers free phone support health consultation to licensed family child care providers. Support includes:
- Practices related to reducing the transmission of germs
- Keeping children and families safe
- Nutrition, physical activity, and other health topics
Keep in mind that nurse consultants cannot offer medical services (e.g., recommendations about diagnosis and treatment), handle emergencies, or address OEC licensing issues.
- Call 855-322-2242 (toll-free)
- Email email@example.com
A nurse will respond to your phone message or email.
For more information:
- Visit the CT Nurses’ Association Website
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Learn about upcoming health-related webinars from the CT Nurses’ Association on our COVID-19 news page
Join an SFCCN in your area
To find networks in your area, select your town on the map or use the dropdown menu. You can then contact them directly and say you’d like to apply.