Women’s Business Development Council (WBDC) Partnership
The Women’s Business Development Council (WBDC) supports economic prosperity for women and strengthens communities through entrepreneurial and financial education services.
OEC’s partnership with WBDC is one of our quality improvement supports for child care in Connecticut.
WBDC supports for programs
WBDC offers several types of support to child care programs.
Answers to your questions
The WBDC offers immediate answers to common business questions like:
- How do I choose a bank for my business account?
- How can I have my PPP loan forgiven?
- Can I get help in how to meet payroll?
Individualized long-term support
While this component is still in development, WBDC will offer personalized, long-term support to build the health of your business. This will include:
- Conducting business health checks
- Helping you make an individualized success plan, including technology and business training
- Developing your success plan so you meet the benchmarks that allow access to fiscal and technology incentives and micro-grants
Collaboration with OEC to improve our offerings
WBDC knows business and OEC knows child care — and together we’re working to make sure that providers are getting the business and finance training they need to run their programs effectively. WBDC reviews our offerings across contracts and helps us identify what to offer and in what order — making sure to sequence technology training and business training to build the best skill sets.
Get help from the WBDC
To learn more and access WBDC’s supports for child care, check out WBDC’s dedicated child care page. You’ll also find the intake form to help you get started.