In response to the COVID-19 emergency, the Office of Early Childhood (OEC) has created a series of new, short-term CTCARES programs to help families and child care providers. They offer access to child care, financial help, and more. Read about our programs and find out if you can apply.
- CTCARES for Child Care Businesses offers supports to help you operate your program during COVID-19. Since every program has different needs, we are offering a “Care Package” — a variety of subsidies, trainings, and other opportunities. Learn about CTCARES for Child Care Businesses.
- CTCARES for Family Child Care offers licensed family child care providers access to supports during COVID-19. Our goal is to help your program succeed so you can continue to do your vital work. Learn about CTCARES for Family Child Care.
- CTCARES for Child Care offers financial help to child care providers who are willing to provide care for the children of essential workers. It benefits both groups — providers get additional funding, and essential workers get the child care they need to work. Learn about CTCARES for Child Care.
- CTCARES for Frontline Workers helped some types of essential workers pay for child care. It offered direct payments to their child care providers, so frontline workers can continue to work. Learn about CTCARES for Frontline Workers.
- CTCARES for Hospital Workers (also called Project 26) offered access to emergency child care for hospital workers and EMTs. Learn about CTCARES for Hospital Workers.