CTCARES for Child Care Program
This program provided additional funding for any licensed child care providers — centers, group family child care homes, and family child care homes — who remained open and served essential workers during the COVID-19 emergency.
CTCARES for Child Care was the second program launched by the Office of Early Childhood (OEC) in response to COVID-19.
The program opened on April 4, 2020 and new applications closed on July 3, 2020. It was paid for with federal CARES ACT funding. The amount of funding depended on the type of program and the number of children served.
For licensed family child care homes:
- 1 to 2 children of essential workers: $200 each week
- Each additional child of an essential worker at half-time: $50 per child each week.
For licensed child care centers:
- 1 to 5 full-time equivalent children: $275 each week
- 6 to 12 full-time equivalent children: $550 each week
- 14 or more full-time equivalent children: $825 each week
|Number of children Served||11,633|
|Average assistance per child||$502|
|Total amount expended for FY20 Federal CARES Act Funds||$4,244,150|
|Total amount to be expended for FY21 Federal CARES Act Funds||$1,590,000|