Federal Relief Funding for Providers

Child care providers and families in Connecticut are getting a big boost. Connecticut is expecting to receive up to $346 million total in federal COVID-19 relief funding to support child care in Connecticut.

How will OEC use this funding?

OEC will announce new initiatives to financially support program operations and to offer resources, professional development, and technical assistance. Stabilization funding for providers will be available to address operational costs, including increased pandemic-related expenses, and will emphasize the importance of service to families with infants and toddlers and to those most impacted by the pandemic.

OEC will use the federal COVID-19 relief funds to develop initiatives with these principles in mind:

  • Impact and effectiveness
  • Equity
  • Timeliness
  • Sustainability

What federal funds is Connecticut receiving?

Funds for supporting child care in Connecticut are coming from 2 sources.

  • $70 million from the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act (CRRSAA) for
    • Providing direct child care services
    • Resources, supplies and/or technical assistance
    • Stabilization grants to support increased operating expenses
  • An anticipated $276 million from The American Rescue Plan (ARP)
    • $170 million to stabilize the child care industry
    • $106 to expand child care assistance

How can I apply for funding?

OEC is currently developing an application process for programs to apply for stabilization funding. When it’s ready, we’ll have information available on this page.

What can I do to prepare?

The most important thing is to make sure you have a supplier ID — or to get one if you don’t. We’ll use the supplier ID to distribute funds to applicants. If you already received checks from a CTCARES program in the past, you already have a supplier ID and are all set.

If you’d like to receive payments as direct deposits, you find out how to set them up on the Office of the Comptroller’s website. Learn about setting up direct deposits.

How can I get a supplier ID or check if I have one?

If you don’t have a supplier ID — or you’re not sure if you have one — call 2-1-1 Child Care at 1-800-505-1000 or email kickstart@ctunitedway.org and include your license number to expedite assistance. Keep in mind you’ll need an IRS W-9 form to establish your supplier ID.


If you have any questions about this process, please contact 211 Child Care at 1-800-505-1000 or email kickstart@ctunitedway.org and include your child care license number to expedite assistance.

Last updated April 5, 2021