Interested in adopting the Pyramid Model in your work? Learn about our trainings and implementation process.
Take the Pyramid Module training
“As a Teacher, my experience with the Pyramid Model helped me implement strategies to support the social and emotional needs of my students. As a Practitioner Coach, the Pyramid Model opened my eyes to a myriad of ways that I could support teachers to intentionally help build their social and emotional skill set. Now, as a Program Coach, I utilize all of the amazing resources to support each member of the leadership team to help them sustain full program implementation.”
— Christopher Badenhop,
School Readiness Liaison, Consolidated School District of New Britain
Training on the evidence-based practices is the starting point for teachers, administrators and others looking to implement the Pyramid Model.
Access the Connecticut Pyramid Practices Training Modules here.
You can do the training at your own pace. It is approximately 18 hours long and includes information on how Pyramid relates to Connecticut documents and tools including the CT ELDS, the CKCs, and Head Start standards.
Other Pyramid trainings include:
- Teaching Pyramid Observation Tool (TPOT)
- Teaching Pyramid Infant Toddler Observation Scales (TPITOS)
- Practice-Based Coaching
- Program Leadership Team Training
- Additional targeted trainings
Dates for training will be determined with the next cohort of applicants and most will be open to anyone who is interested as space is available.
Pyramid training opportunities will be announced on this page and through email lists maintained by OEC.
The following sites are currently working to implement the Pyramid Model to fidelity.
- The Center for Early Childhood Education at NVCC
- City of Hartford Early Learning Centers
- Colchester Elementary School
- East Hartford Early Childhood Learning Center — Hockanum School
- East Haven Preschool Program
- Human Resources Agency of New Britain Early Childcare Learning Academy
- Killingly Board of Education at Goodyear Early Learning Center
- LULAC Head Start
- TVCCA Little Learners
- Yale-New Haven Hospital Day Care Center
- YWCA of New Britain Childcare Center
- YMCA Child Development Center — Greater Waterbury
We’ll update this page with information about the application process for 2021.
For more information on Pyramid implementation in Connecticut, please email us at CTPyramid@gmail.com.