Connecticut’s Documentation & Observation for Teaching System (CT DOTS) is a framework to guide early care and education providers in a process of monitoring children’s progress on the skills, abilities, and behaviors in the Connecticut Early Learning and Development Standards (CT ELDS).
Used in conjunction with the CT ELDS, CT DOTS is a foundation for:
- Gathering data about children’s skills, abilities, and behaviors
- Planning additional supports (e.g., curriculum, instruction, professional development, family activities, adult support)
- Summarizing evidence of children’s progress
- Communicating around common goals
CT DOTS supports early care and education providers to:
- Observe children in naturally occurring situations
- Plan engaging experiences for children and observe their behavior and skills
- Partner with families to share information about their children
- Plan additional supports (e.g., curriculum, instruction, professional development, family activities, adult support)
- Communicate about common goals for children
CT DOTS Family Input Pages
The CT DOTS Family Pages are one way that teachers can gather information about a child’s learning and development. These fillable forms are available in English and Spanish and include tips for supporting learning and development at home.
Download or print CT DOTS materials
Visit this page to download additional CT DOTS or CT Early Learning and Development Standards (CT ELDS) documents or to order materials.
CT DOTS Forms
- Narrative Child Summary Form (Word document)
- Child Summary Form (Excel document)
- Class/Group Summary Form (Excel document)
- Examples of Data Collection Forms
- Examples of Data Tracking Forms