Accreditation Quality Improvement Support (AQIS)
OEC created AQIS as a quality improvement support for licensed child care centers, group homes, and license-exempt child care programs. It offers providers access to a team of staff with expertise in continuous program improvement using the NAEYC assessment items as the framework for growth.
AQIS supports are open to all child care providers interested in quality improvement, whether or not the program is actively pursuing or maintaining NAEYC Accreditation. Best practices are good for everyone!
AQIS supports for providers
Some AQIS supports are available to all providers.
- Study groups to explore NAEYC’s best practice standards
- Professional development activities that connect to best practices
If your program is working toward NAEYC accreditation (or maintaining it), you can apply at specific times for individualized quality improvement support. Accepted programs are matched to a designated technical assistance provider, also called an AQIS facilitator. Your program can get:
- A monthly visit to work on your program’s NAEYC Accreditation timeline and action plan
- A monthly group support meeting to make sure your program has NAEYC updates and content best practices
- Phone and email access to your AQIS facilitator for NAEYC Accreditation support
- Priority for program staff in free professional development
AQIS is not currently accepting applications for individualized supports. We’ll update this page with new information announcing the next application window.
Find AQIS facilitators in your area
AQIS facilitators are available in 7 agencies across Connecticut:
- Cooperative Educational Services (CES), serving southwestern Connecticut
- Capitol Region Education Council (CREC), serving north central Connecticut
- Connecticut Association for the Education of Young Children (CTAEYC), serving south central Connecticut
- EASTCONN, serving northeastern Connecticut
- EdAdvance, serving northwestern Connecticut
- LEARN, serving southeastern Connecticut
- Area Cooperative Educational Services (ACES), serving regions throughout Connecticut
To find contact information for the AQIS facilitators in your area, use our interactive map or the dropdown.