OEC created AQIS as a quality improvement support for licensed child care centers, group homes, and license-exempt child care programs. It offers providers access to a team of staff with expertise in continuous program improvement using the NAEYC assessment items as the framework for growth.
AQIS supports are open to all child care providers interested in quality improvement, whether or not the program is actively pursuing or maintaining NAEYC Accreditation. Best practices are good for everyone!
AQIS supports for providers
Some AQIS supports are available to all providers.
- Study groups to explore NAEYC’s best practice standards
- Professional development activities that connect to best practices
See up-to-date schedules for free AQIS professional development:
- Professional development opportunities coming soon!
OEC covers NAEYC Accreditation fees
The OEC has again partnered with NAEYC to offer a process for OEC to cover NAEYC Accreditation fees due January 1, 2022 to December 31, 2023 for Connecticut early care and education programs.
- Choose the correct form for the year the fee is due:
- Complete the OEC NAEYC 2022 Fee Form for fees due January 1, 2022 to December 31, 2022 or
- Complete the OEC NAEYC 2023 Fee Form for fees due January 1, 2023 to December 31, 2023
- Review the Bill Me Later guide for instructions on how to upload the form in the program’s NAEYC portal (do not send these to the OEC)
This opportunity includes reimbursements for fees paid that were due during this timeframe.
If your program is working toward NAEYC accreditation (or maintaining it), you can apply at specific times for individualized quality improvement support. Accepted programs are matched to a designated technical assistance provider, also called an AQIS facilitator. Your program can get:
- A monthly visit to work on your program’s NAEYC Accreditation timeline and action plan
- A monthly group support meeting to make sure your program has NAEYC updates and content best practices
- Phone and email access to your AQIS facilitator for NAEYC Accreditation support
- Priority for program staff in free professional development
Learn more about the NAEYC Accreditation process. You can check out this FAQ or watch a recording of a recent webinar.
Find AQIS facilitators in your area
To find contact information for the AQIS facilitators in your area, use our interactive map or the dropdown.
Get support from NAEYC
Please visit the NAEYC website for full details and information. Here are some common questions from our AQIS overviews and related links.